1.11.04

It has begun...

Had it not been for American Blogger's mocking challenge in the parking lot and my wife's loving encouragement, I would have wussed out but NO...I'm in and chapter 1 of Contract Work is in progress. I have decided to go forth with only nebulous ideas and characters loosely based on people in my life. Believe me, my fictional representations wont even match the weirdness of my friends and family. Many times tonight I second guessed what the one or two people who read my blog are going to think...I even came up with their criticisms, and no I won't write them here because that would go against my next statement...then I realized WHATEVER...think what you want and if it sucks I doubt anyone will actually say that to me anyway!!
BUT I must give thanks to my boy Alex, who has GREAT literary taste and gave me the thumbs-up of approval on my first paragraph. He even gave my main character his first name--Tim. I was going to use CHase at first but my boy was convinced...plus he liked my first paragraph. Thanks to my beautiful and supportive wife who made some rocket-fuel coffee (as if I need it) to get me going...now I can't sleep and my wife is asleep...WHO AM I GOING TO TALK TO WHILE I TRY TO GO TO BED???
Anywho, thanks Will for mad dogging me in the parking lot...and I really mean that.
Interested? Follow the white rabbit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home