5.3.10

The Day My Old Mp3 Player Kicked My iPod’s Ass!

It didn't start out like any other day. I woke up in a new environment, got to work a different way, and sat in a different desk..ahem, cube. Actually most everything about today and my life is quite different…technically single after 10 years, going to be living with JUST my kids soon, renting a cool little house soon with room enough to make music (thanks to Little Miss Voodoo Eyes)…the whole fresh start thing, just without the new car smell.

So I popped in my iPod into this radio/alarm clock/iPod player thing at work for some tunage. Now THIS was like every other day. Not that I had bad tunes on it, but just the SAME tunes…some Beatles, some WHO (of course), BoDeans, random John Hiatt, but a lot of the same since I haven't updated it in a while…(well except for some songs by the Do Dos I was turned on to by Little Miss Voodoo Eyes)

THEN I realized I had my old trusty Rio Mp3 player in my messenger bag or "murse" as my son would say! But it wouldn't plug into the aforementioned radio thingy. I even thought of trying to splice wires together to rig some sort of link…THEN the simplest answer was staring me in the face! Some cheesy cheap-ass headphones that my employer gave us to listen to some training thing. So I just slapped them on my head and moved my headset aside (yeah I am a phone slave) and then bliss!

A whole new collection of songs I haven't heard in a while. A specially selected mix I created for bike rides and my occasional workouts. Blocking out the din of hundreds of other dumbass phone calls came The Black Crowes, yes some different WHO, Foos, Dixie Dregs, OLD Aerosmith, some ZZ…just flat out rock!

My not so different day went a step further thanks to an old Mp3 player! In the words of Chris Robinson, "I got my soul singing" on The Day My Old Mp3 Player Kicked My iPod's Ass!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home