18.11.04

SMELLS LIKE WHAT???

Here are 11 of Rolling Stones Top 100 Songs...what is Nirvana doing in there? A good song, yes, but in the top 10? NO WAY! And if the song was where it is supposed to be...way down the line, My Generation would be #10. And where are The Beatles? They should be in place of Lennon who is much less than the sum of his parts. And not Hey Jude...I mean something like "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" had a much greater value that "Hey Jude." Still, Nirvana?? This could drive me to pick the smokes back up...
1. Like a Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan
2. Satisfaction - The Rolling Stones
3. Imagine - John Lennon
4. What's Going On? - Marvin Gaye
5. Respect - Aretha Franklin
6. Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys
7. Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry
8. Hey Jude - The Beatles
9. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
10. What'd I say? - Ray Charles
11. My Generation - The Who

1 Comments:

At 11/19/2004, Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't even think about Floyd, but you are dead on...teh whole thing is s shamockery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home