26.9.04

Aunt Mad

My Aunt who I haven't talked to in years recently made contact with me. This was cool because I owe most of the creative/artistic blood in me to that (my mom's) side of my family. They were all very into music and my grandma was a dance teacher in Tucson. She had a million cats. But they were all kind of hippies in a way. I remember this aunt, we'll call her Aunt Mad (I called her The Mad Scientist!) gave me Jimi Hendrix Smash Hits in like 4th grade! Can you imagine an little 4th grade dude in a white, Catholic school shirt waling around singing, "Foxy Lady"? I think it was my Uncle Jimmy (her brother) who turned me on to The Who (greatest rock and roll band) in the form of Odds and Sodds -The album with Long Live Rock on it! And of course they turned me on to the Beatles who my mom reassured me for years were going to get back together! ANYWAY, it is good to hear from her. I was going somewhere with this...The other side of my family gave me a lot of money...Now I don't have any money but the music is ingrained in my soul. Thanks Aunt Mad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home