12.9.04

My Wife Digs Zeppelin

I'm not sure quite how it happened when my wife's true soul was revealed to me. I think I was calling her on the cell phone while she was driving. I couldn't hear her over the music. That's when it all became clear. Rock and Roll by Zeppelin was CRANKED in the background. I know she must have had at least one of my kids in the car! Oh but what would our friends from church say? (Actually, some of them would want to borrow the CD) But that's when I called her on it. "Honey, it's alright. I already know. You dig Zeppelin." At that very moment a huge weight was lifted off of her beautiful soul as her confession rang over Jimmy Page's guitar solo. "Yes, I dig Zeppelin. I really do."
WOW! what a moment. Straight out of a ZA meeting. "Hi I'm Angell, and I dig Zeppelin." then from the crowd..."Hi Angell."

Ever since then she has been free to rock out whenever one of the new Cadillac commercials comes on. It took a while for our 10-year-old to get used to it. After all, dad is the wild one. His huge smile spreads across his face as he raises one eye brow as if to say, " Ah ha. Now I now what's going on!" Now her true rock and roll girl that has been hiding in her heart can come out and shake her hair. I have been trying to sneak up on her to catch her playing air guitar with the broom but she has kept all that closely under wraps.

But this should not be suprising. When we met I had hair down to my shoulders, four ear rings, ripped jeans and a flowered shirt on, and a black Les Paul Custom hanging around my neck on the makeshift stage of the now long-gone Long Wong's in Tempe. It is the very best in rock and roller meets knock-out brunette-who-leaves-her-fiance-to-hang-with-guitar player story. I'll tell the story someday. It has a happy ending that goes something like, "Guitar player marries knock out brunette-they have two great kids-they find God-and SHE DIGS ZEPPELIN! Now that rocks.

2 Comments:

At 9/14/2004, Blogger Unknown said...

Or ANY, I mean ANY, rap music...I am a lucky man. Word.

 
At 9/15/2004, Blogger Unknown said...

well I would much rather talk about music than politics...all I can say is Go W.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home