19.12.06

It's Christmastime Pretty Baby


The obligatory Christmas post?
This Christmas is a bit weirder than usual. We are broker than years before so under the tree is a bit sparse. I always worry I am going to disappoint my kids, but it always works out. I grew up with money so unwrapping presents took at least an hour. This year at our house will be shorter. I KNOW, it's about Jesus. I get it. But I still love to spoil my kids. My wife assures me it will work out. I should trust her! This will be the first year in 5 that I have seen my dad and family. Thank God I am out of the cult/church.

For New Years I am actually making resolutions.
#1. Yes, quit smoking.
#2. Lose some weight
but more importantly
#3. Write my songs. I have tons of lyrics and no guitar parts.
#4. Send my songs to a publisher...just to see.
even more importantly
#5. Spend more time with my wife, more dates, more talks, less arguments
#6. Get our finances under control
#7. Go on a trip or two with my wife and kids...camping is cheap!
#8. Work on getting rid of choas in my house...more prayer
#9. Keep chasing my dreams...more importantly, quit chasing and make them happen
#10. Trust God more

6 Comments:

At 12/22/2006, Blogger PTfan said...

Merry Christmas Strada. Hope you make the changes you want to make. I want to make some changes too.

 
At 12/23/2006, Blogger Metalchick said...

Hi Lionel,
Merry Christmas! I also hope you can make these changes, and I believe you can. My favorite thing about a New Year is getting a clean slate, getting a chance to start over again.
Believe me, I've had some really bad years, mainly 2004 and most of 2005. 2006 was very good, and hopefully 2007 will be even better.

Here's to a new start! Have a Happy New Year!

 
At 12/31/2006, Blogger PTfan said...

Happy New Year!!!

 
At 1/01/2007, Blogger Natters said...

Happy New Year!

 
At 1/03/2007, Blogger bookworm said...

Hi Lionel,
I wish you and your family a very good new year.
It's long time ago I visited your blog, because I lost my free time (a lot of work, my kids and all the school stuff from both kids). Now I'm back again and I will write some more on the blogs. If I read your post I cross my fingers for you. Life goes on and on and we must find the sun every day. I pray 2007 will be a good year.
Best wishes from over the ocean.
Love and peace
Stefan

 
At 1/03/2007, Blogger Metalchick said...

Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home