5.12.06

Circadian Collapse

I would pay for a long sweet slumber
A wakened refreshment of a brand new day
Instead of the tossing and thinking
With a head full of lumber

I give my green guitar and Hot Rod Fender
A trade for eyes that look forward in crystal
Instead of a stare that bleeds with the bleariness
Of a two day weekend rock star bender

Smooth my furrowed brow
Siphon the ice from my blood
Stop the spinning in my brain
Damn the constant flood

It's not the ringing in my ears
Or the damn TV
It's the collection of my fears
Like a playlist on repeat

I need to sleep
So I don't have to sleep in
I need to dream
But not the kind to hide in

Copyright© 2006 Stradasphere Music

(I started writing again...I don't sleep too well)

1 Comments:

At 12/06/2006, Blogger PTfan said...

Wow!!! I like it!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home