15.10.04

Going Blue, Man


i_reddumbone
Originally uploaded by stradasphere.
I have a new favorite band Blue Man Group. I have heard them a little but never watched their videos of their shows. When I grow up I want to be a guitar player for Blue Man group. They have pure, sheer energy (and not the nylons). That is the stuff of my heart. I look back at years in theater training and performance and wish I hadn't been as messed up as I was. This melding of music and performance lit me up today. Full out, turned up, and full on. I have become so obsessed that I listed to their two CDs The Complex, and Audio for eight hours yesterday. THEN I made my family sit in my office at home while I played their videos on my computer. My wife and son were mildly amused but MY DAUGHTER LOVED THEM! She loved the "blue guys" so much that she made me play their video " I Feel Love: (old disco cover, over and over. We grabbed pens and drummed away on my desk. Then the best part. After I was sweating from pounding the blue rhythm on my desk, Gracie started singing on the way to her room! I grabbed my guitar and did my best rendition of of techno version of the disco song and she kept singing "I Spee Love"!! ( I tried to tell her the word was "feel" but...) with her hands raising up and down, then whispering the words then back up in volume and pitch! It was amazing. Earlier I had wanted to set out to become the next Blue Man Group guitarist but after my gig with Gracie in our living room, I'm good!

2 Comments:

At 10/15/2004, Blogger The Floating Cat said...

Blue Man Group is quite an amazing act/group. My wife and I have seen their performances 5 times (twice in Boston, twice in Vegas, once for the Complex tour). We own all the CD's as well as both DVD's.

Seeing them do those Intel ads nowadays is even better.

 
At 10/15/2004, Blogger Unknown said...

I am still listening to them...I am going to find a way to see them...I would still like to be one of their guitarists!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home