2.2.07

Guitar and Pen Friday: Worship 1

My first attempt at writing a worship song is inspired by a CD given to me by PTfan. Listening to Morningstar:Battlefield this morning I was reminded of the lack of decent "Christian" music. This old revelation made me think about God's voice and how I hear Him. I am SO BORED with today's music that says it is for God's glory. Yes, to each his own, but for me, I liked to be moved.

Here is my offering, if not my sacrifice.

Your Voice
Sometimes I hear You whisper
Sometimes I hear Your call
Sometimes I fear, I don't hear
Your voice at all

I hear You in the raindrops
In the thunder of the sky
I hear You in the footsteps
Of the ones who light my life

Your voice, it thunders
Your voice, it roars and reigns
Majestic and powerful
Breaking cedars, hewing flames

Everything sings Glory!
At the sound of Your voice
Everyone sing Glory!
At the sound of His voice

Sometimes I hear You talking
Sometimes I hear You bless
Sometimes I murmur and complain
And blame you for my mess
copyright 2007 Stradasphere Music

4 Comments:

At 2/03/2007, Blogger PTfan said...

WOW!!!!!!!

: D

I like!!

I was listening to that CD today too!
We need more music along those lines and you are just the man to make it!!!

 
At 2/03/2007, Blogger Metalchick said...

Hi Lionel,
That looks like a really good song! I have to be honest, I don't really listen to christian music, but there is some decent stuff out there. I prefer the more subtle types, something that isn't the "In Your Face" type of music, at least this song isn't that type.

 
At 2/05/2007, Blogger zaque said...

What did you think of Sigur Ros? And why is Pinkerton on your list, but I get the shaft? That guy hasn't posted in like 4 years.

Don't mind me. I'm just giving you shit.

 
At 2/06/2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Ptf, yeah, I need to quit complaining and do something about it!

MC, I don't...can't listen to much Christian music...that's why I am starting to write my own.

Z, I downloaded some of their songs off their website...it took me a couple listens but I can dig it for a while. Very provacative stuff...I need to be in a "mood" for that kind of stuff but the artistry is excellent....and you are right about Keith, he is a douchebag...I updated my list...shit or no shit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home