26.2.06

I Need a Guru

My brain is messed up. There is too much to do. There is too much I don't know. I can't handle the simplest things sometime. I don't know karate, but I wish Mr. Miagi was here. I consult the Great Spirit and I can't hear Him. Oh yeah, I just need Jesus, but I can't always hear Him. God has all the answers but I can't find them. Sometimes it's as simple as what shirt to wear. Then it is as complex as where is my family going to live when my lease is up. Should I invest? Should I buy my wife more flowers. Does my boy really need XBOX live? Do I need a freaking shrink? Leaving my last church has left me with questions...questions my old pastor was too busy to answer. Questions God knows the answer to. Even Monk has his shrink to help him. I feel like Monk...that's better than Ralph Macchio...however, as I write, I remember hanging with my former music pastor who has become a good friend and guide. He told me this...MY CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT DEFINE WHO I AM...I heard this from the pulpit too at Moon Valley church and again from my chirpractor/physical therapist...OK I'll take this one and run.

1 Comments:

At 2/27/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my pastor always says to "slow the moment down" whenever you find yourseflf frantic, angry, impatient, under duress, etc. it helps me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home