20.10.06

Starting To Shine

A couple months ago I wrote about getting in contact with a guy named Jeff Eaton who was looking for a guitarist for his band to promote his new CD. Well, I was too late to get in so I let it go. WELL, I thought I would drop him an email the other day. We talked about meeting sometime, no big deal. Then he emails me and asks if I might want to play acoustic guitar for him so he can just sing. I said, sure. He just emailed me and said, "Cool. Then we need to get started. I'd like for you to play for my gig on November 3rd where I'm playing and will be recording the show live at Club Red in Tempe." I about soiled myself! I am so excited to get back onstage again! Then the next morning I am driving to LA to see The Who at the Hollywood Bowl!

I have ten songs to learn in a couple weeks. This coming on the heels of yesterday's post, I consider this a little gift from God. I am sure my mom had something to do with it too!

If you live in Phoenix, GO TO THE GIG! it's 5 bucks.

OH, and I have an audition for another band on Monday night! This was a fluke deal too! Time to sling some more guitar! I know God will work out the details if any of these gigs turn into something more.

Even if I have a couple gigs to look forward to every month, my soul will be able to sing and I can shine like a bright super fucking nova!

6 Comments:

At 10/24/2006, Blogger Megan said...

good luck!

 
At 10/24/2006, Blogger Unknown said...

thanks on that...can't wait...

 
At 10/27/2006, Blogger bookworm said...

Hi,
it's a long time ago I vist your blog (sorry), but here I am. Good to read about your playing live again. Fantastic for you. Hope you can tell us more after the gig. I cross my fingers for you.
All the best from far over the ocean.
Love and peace
Stefan

 
At 10/28/2006, Blogger Metalchick said...

Hi Lionel,
Congratulations! Good luck with the gig!
I may be missing The Who, but I did get a ticket to see Rachel Fuller at the Hotel Cafe in Hollywood!

 
At 10/30/2006, Blogger L'Austin Translation said...

Congrats on the gig!

 
At 10/30/2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks all! My fingers are sore from practicing, but the pain is worth it. I see this as a start to a bright super fucking nova rest of my life!

Rock and roll doggie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home