6.2.07

Long Time Coming: Songpull Phoenix


OK. I am doing it. I am hosting a Songpull at my house next week. I almost shot for this Friday but I am broke and can't sport any beer! BUT I sent out some invites via email and hope I get at least 3 guys to show up with guitars. There is something inside me that tells me this is important, not in the music biz BS way but artistically.

I recently realized that just playing guitar in church, or even writing songs in my office is not enough for me. I need to hook up with other muscians outside of my little world. I sent out the emails and hope I get a response.

Zaque, get on a plane and get down here!

I check out the pulls online and my heart jumps. I want to hear other people's songs. I want to play my songs for other people. I NEED IT! I am getting off my butt. Ryan Adams said out of 15 pieces of shit comes one good song but you need to write everyday. My soul is calling. My soul is crying.

Songpull Phoenix is going to happen. Yes, it is.

3 Comments:

At 2/06/2007, Blogger zaque said...

I wish I could, but I can't even bring myself to attend the one in austin.

call me lazy.

 
At 2/06/2007, Blogger Unknown said...

ok, you are lazy...it might do you some good...write a song and get your ass over there.

 
At 2/12/2007, Blogger PTfan said...

That sounds exciting!!! You go boy. That's the spirit! Go get it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home