28.3.06

When a juggler made me cry...or To the lead guitarists who never thought anyone really got what they felt when they play.

Great name for a song, eh? Well there is a story that turns into a longer one. This morning a music pastor/friend of mine sent me an email that said, " To the lead guitarists who never thought anyone really got what they felt when they play. Enjoy."

First off, the message made me wonder for a while then it made sense when I watched the video. It was of a guy who juggled three white balls to the tune of a Beatles song-Golden Slumber-The End. He juggled to the music, timing his throws to the drums and guitar solos. Remarkable. But not as remarkable as his face. This man TRULY enjoyed what he was doing. He beemed with joy and passion. How can you get so much passion into and out of JUGGLING? The crowd went wild, like they would for a rock star...or at the very least, a lead guitar player.

Times have been few and far between lately when I got to express my passion for music, or much else it seems. I have hundreds of fond memories of ripping out a solo or chord progression with everything in me pouring out.
*cue Bob Seger song covered by Metallica*

So now I ask myself, why the hell am I going to go to real estate school? I don't have a passion for houses or even selling...even though I can sell a blind man a pair of shades. That I do know. But here is the thing *Monk voice*, if I can get out of corporate America one day and have my own gig, and sell a lot of houses, then I will have the freedom to do the things I can't with a yearly merit raise. And my beautiful wife will become Dr. Estrada! That sounds pretty sexy!

Perhaps one day I will spend time recording songs and even putting a band together and gig a little! That would be glorious. At 41 I am trying to get my life back. Yes, I am good enough, smart enough, creative enough.

Did I actually write that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home