21.6.06

Another Tricky Day


There is so many wonderful things to mention...
I am reconcilling with my father after three long years of no contact
My wife and I are getting on MUCH better since that last post
My son made the All Star Team again! 3 years in a row!
My daughter...well she is still a pink tornado!
We found a new church to go to.
I am playing guitar for them---still trying to figure out a way to do Who songs in church
I got some props from the Asst. Prez at work who hinted at good things to come

And, I ADMIT IT, I spent most of the day watching Who clips and In the Attic!

I didn't get depressed, however, that I never made it in rock and roll...I would be dead by now. Some days I watch something about Townshend, thinking I actually know him, then get depressed that he is living the life I always wanted. But today that didn't happen. I realized I am only 41 and there is still A TON of music I will make. Just no rock star shit...I played that game for a while and it almost killed me...but it's how I met my wife!

She is so supportive of my music, especially the music I need to write...like the guitar parts for the songs on the previous post!

That's all for now...and I snagged the picture from Michael
If he wants it back I'll give it to him...even though he just bought and new Tele and didn't give it to me!

7 Comments:

At 6/21/2006, Blogger PTfan said...

It's alarming how charming it is to be in farming!

Well, you certainly have lots of good news on your post. Hooray for that.

Michaels Tele is very gorgeous!

What church have you started going to? Do you like it so far? I have a friend who lives in Benson AZ. I don't know what church she goes to though. OH! About playing Who songs in church: Try a bit before, when warming up or after when church is over but people are still mingling. Sometimes we have some of our teens playing the music and afterwards, (not very loud, mind you!) I can hear them playing songs from the Blizzard of Oz album! They're GOOD too!!!

Thanks for stopping by.

 
At 6/21/2006, Blogger Lynsey said...

Most of the day watching Who clips and ITA? Sounds like a good day to me.

Yes, my "Love Reign O'er Me" moment was a bit like the Woodstock moment. There, (as John said) "God was their lighting man". Here, he was my... rain man. :P

Thanks for the comment.
-L-

 
At 6/22/2006, Blogger Unknown said...

PTfan: Don't forget the gourds. Our new church is called Desert Springs Bible Church. I am long time friends with the worship pastor so I get to play a lot of guitar!

I will take your advice and maybe slip it the opening to Behind Blue Eyes somewhere...I would rather start with Won't Get Fooled Again!!!

Lynsey--that is so awesome! You got blessed big time!

Thanks for stopping by! And Long Live Rock!

 
At 6/22/2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Barb, I miss you guys too! I have been meaning to send you all a note thanking everyone for all of the love during our transition...so I'll start with you!! Thanks for all the love!!

 
At 6/23/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We found a new church to go to."

i'm so happy to hear that.

 
At 6/23/2006, Blogger Unknown said...

We are very happy about it too...I play in the band every other week!

 
At 6/24/2006, Blogger Michael said...

Its ok I stole the pic.....michael :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home