6.6.06

Vows That Hide

It had been a tough night. A night of accusations, false betrayals, and misplaced anger and pain. Fuelled by Merlot and imported beer, a young woman became frightened. There were no fists raised or phones thrown but there were arrows shot, nevertheless. The woman who heard "for better or for worse", and "until death do us part" thought she saw her love drifting away. And the object of her love felt a drifting as well. Not so much away from her, but from everything.

Driven by a dangerous cocktail of OCD and a life full of chaos and turmoil, her love could not focus on what was really real and did what he does best, fight back. It was not cupid's arrow that got pulled back, it was the other one. The one that has a quiver of razor sharp arrows. Arrows dipped in poison. Poison meant to kill. Soul killing poison.

Finally, the doors were done slamming and the arrows had hit their targets; all that was left was the night. For one, a restless sleep brought on only by muscle relaxants, framed with a scowl. For the other, tears, T.V., and perhaps some more wine.

The morning had a bit more to offer. Less noise...in fact mostly silence. The silence meant to be loud in the ears of the other. There was the occasional hand offered to a reluctant shoulder. There was turning away. Perhaps time really does heal wounds, not all of them, but some. So time did its thing, offering reflection and memories and perhaps even some desperation. This time pointed to some memories safely stashed away in an inbox. She remembers not what he said the night before but what he wrote before. Those songs, those songs...he always said he can write better than he can talk. At least when it comes to love. Although her eyes were red from weeping, she looked. She sought and found. Her find may help him remember.

BY YOUR SIDE
I have been reminded by your touch
Of the many many times
That I was a wreck, I was a mess
And you were there by my side

With everything you have to do
You still found the time
To pick me up once again
I?m so lucky you are mine

This time seems much harder
There actually is a reason
And you?re still by my side
From so many stormy seasons

But here I am again
Wishing you were here
I know you?re not too far away
(I?m still) Wishing you were here

I need you feel you skin on skin
I need to hear your voice again
I never want to leave your side
I never want to leave your side


PARKING LOT KISS
I wish I had a picture of you
From the day we first met
Then I could hold it up to your face
And be amazed

I just can?t believe what we have been through
I can?t believe that I have you
There is no way to describe this
That all started with a parking lot kiss

You were so young
You were so pretty
I could not resist
To say I love your lips and then we?d kiss

So now it is forever
And its been such a long time
And you still are so pretty
And you are still mine

I just can?t believe what we have been through
I can?t believe that I have you
There is no way to describe this
That all started with a parking lot kiss


He remembered. He could not go back on his word...not the ones he wrote. He wished he could with the ones he screamed.

6 Comments:

At 6/16/2006, Blogger Colin said...

This was a very cool post. I can really relate to the content. You wrote it with a wonderfully sensitive & lyrical quality. I'll be reading more.

I still can't wait for 24 to start again. It's only been a few weeks.

 
At 6/16/2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by Milroy. I guess I should post again! Take your shoes off...wait, no don't...

 
At 6/19/2006, Blogger Colin said...

After my work day, you really don't want me taking my shoes off. I'll definitely kick back, though.

 
At 6/19/2006, Blogger e said...

Sounds like you and your love have been going through some rough times. Just remember, you two are strong, and if the things you hav been through so far haven't destroyed you, nothing will. You are still the most loving and "happily-ever-after" type couple I have ever known. Be at peace, and just keep loving! I miss you two!

 
At 6/19/2006, Blogger Unknown said...

milroy, thanks keep em on...I hope you killed them opening night!

robin: thank you we love each other deeply. if she hasn't left me by now, we will be together forever! AND I NEED THE KOREA UPDATE! IM ME SOON!

 
At 6/20/2006, Blogger e said...

Hey, check out the blog easternsojourn.blogspot.com and send me your e-mail address. I don't have it here! I will add you to the Korea Updates mailing list! LOL! It is facinating! Well, at least i think so!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home