24.8.06

The Road To Me Being Me


Well, it has been quite a few days since my last post. I appreciate all of the generous and encouraging words from all of you. The worship and arts conference I attended Friday and Saturday was wonderful. We did some of those team-building things and personality assessments. Turns out I am an "idealist/artisan". No big surprise! I have an innate desire for harmony and beauty in my life. I came home with a stronger desire to explore my God-given gifts for music and also to help people in with the arts. I have been exploring opportunities in arts administration so I can use my management experience coupled with my passion for the arts.

On the music front, my old buddy and I are working on a set of songs for acoustic gigs. We found again that if the egos are out of the way we work well together. We have been throwing around the idea of using the name of our first band for our duo...The Rundles. This was the band we formed right out of high school and gigged all around town with some bands like The Meat Puppets and the Gin Blossoms. Perhaps using this name will generate some buzz with old timers who may remember us. I think we were more famous for our parties than music. We did win Best Rock Band in the New Times. It is exciting to get back into music with my old and very talented friend.

Songpull Phoenix is coming closer to a reality. Dan from Songpull is sending me some stuff and getting T-shirts made!! ANY SONGWRITERS IN THE PHOENIX AREA PLEASE CONTACT ME!! I just need to nail down a date and get it going.

Lastly, I heard on Mosaic this morning a message about not being afraid to go after who God made me to be. Don't fear the rejection, the confusion, and don't doubt! God doesn't make junk, we junk ourselves up. I encourage you to visit the Mosaic website to hear wonderful messages about being who we were meant to be. "Decide who you want to become and don't let anything in life cause you to deviate that course!" I HAVE CONTROL OVER WHO I CAN BECOME!

Even if you aren't a Christian you can get something from these messages. The pastor's name is Erwin Rafael McManus. Read his book The Barbarian Way--"The greatest enemy to the movement of Jesus Christ is Christianity." I think that says it all.

6 Comments:

At 8/24/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What exactly does the statement "The greatest enemy to the movement of Jesus Christ is Christianity" mean to you?

 
At 8/24/2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Mainstream watered down "smiley" fake "Chrsitians" who are afraid to get real and dirty in their walk with Christ. Packaged church with no soul. Legalism is entrenched in today's Christianity as well. God is wild and mysterious, I think mainstream Christianity is afraid to really find out who He is and what He REALLY wants from us...in a nutshell.

 
At 8/24/2006, Blogger PTfan said...

Christ is not about religion, He's about relationship. I agree. All that religion gets in the way.

I want to be me. I really do. I will check outhtat website some other time. Today, tomrrow, the weekend. Whenever I can get around to it.

Congrats on getting going in the creative direction! Very exciting for you!

 
At 8/24/2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Right on PTFan. I want you to be you too! I am learning that the only thing in the way is us, negative perceptions, fear, insecurities, and lies we have been told and we tell ourselves. God is not boring and we are created in His image. We were designed to be a brilliant light!
Psalm 139:14
I will give thanks to You,
for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.

 
At 8/24/2006, Blogger Metalchick said...

Hi Lionel,
I tried leaving a comment here earlier, but it didn't go through. Here's what I was trying to say earlier:
I haven't checked the website yet, but I will tomorrow.

"The greatest enemy to the movement of Jesus Christ is christianity." I agree with that. Lately, I have not been attending my Lutheran church. It is not because I lost faith, I still believe in God. The church was becoming even more conservative and they wanted us to be a certain way, and any opinions that differ from theirs was wrong and inmoral. I also didn't like how politics was making it's way in to church. I believe that "God is not a Republican or a Democrat!"

I am thinking about joining a non-denominational church. Each denomination has their own ways of worshiping God, yet we are all worshiping the same God, so why do we have to have different ways to do it? Also, I would like to go to a church that let's you be who you are, yet be there for you when you want to change.

Wow! this is longer than the first comment I wrote, maybe it was a good thing the first one didn't go through.
Take care.

 
At 8/25/2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Right on Metalchick. There are many churches that will let you be who you are. Mostly nondenoms. There is a movement called the emergent church...kind of where Mosiac is from. They have a lot of new ideas about worship and embracing our post modern society and worship in a relevant manner. Google emerging church and you will get some ideas. There is an online magazine called Relevant you can check out too. Go for it Metalchick!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home