1.8.06

A Step Toward My Soul

This morning I took a step. A step down a dusty road that leads to my soul. The place in my soul that sings, weeps, rejoices, wonders, laughs, and even destroys. There is a room in there where the best part of me lives. He peaks out every once in a while then either sneaks or crashes back in. Oddly enough, he is the most courageous part of me, the most loving, and the most dangerous. But he has been wounded too many times. A mocking father's words, sneers from friends, jealously, ego, rejection, and even praise...all arrows in his heart. A wounded soldier, a tortured artist, a scared child, a weeping poet, a loyal husband, a guitar slinger, a loving and sometimes crazy father...all rolled into one.

He has stepped out lately. Quietly posting lyrics. Secretly recording old songs. Well the cat, or should I say lion, is out of the bag.

My name is Lionel. I write songs, sing, and play guitar. I have a rough mix of a song I wrote and recorded on IAC. I hope you like it...no wait...I hope it moves you in some way, good or bad, hot or cold. I hope you can relate. If you can and do, then the music connected us. And that's what it's all about. Nice to meet you.

7 Comments:

At 8/01/2006, Blogger MagicMushroom said...

I checked it out...wow. The opening of it gave me tingles, in a good way! Really good, great lyrics!

I added it to my station! I'm off for another listen! :)

xxmaryxx

 
At 8/01/2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool mary!! Thanks! It means alot considering I know you have great taste in music!

 
At 8/02/2006, Blogger Metalchick said...

Hi Lionel,
I did get the MP3 and I think it sounds great! I'm flattered that I gave you the motivation to re-record it.

 
At 8/03/2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, it was cool for you to ask me to rerecord it. Sometimes it just takes a little thing like that to get you (me) off your (my) butt!!

 
At 8/03/2006, Blogger Dale said...

Lionel

I quite like that part of you.

Your lyrics and music are lovely!

:)
Dale

 
At 8/03/2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Dale, on all accounts! I hope to put up another song by Monday. It is so cool to have you all hear my soul. It is quite healing and helps me forget my desk job!!!

 
At 8/04/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is all very, very awesome. i'm happy you "back at it" so to speak.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home