30.6.06

Guitar and Pen Friday 2

I decided to go with the song "Hey Daddy" in honor of my princess, Gracie!

Last night I was at my computer with an older picture of Pete in full windmill as my screensaver. Gracie came in and said, "Daddy! That's Pete!" I had schooled her on Pete and Roger last week as we watched the Tommy/Quadrophenia Live DVDs. Then came the clincher..."Daddy, let's go in your room and watch the Whos!" (I didn't correct her, she was too cute)

So we did! I put in the Quad show and she pointed out Pete and Roger and asked questions about the actor playing Jimmy. Then she fell asleep in my arms as Love Reign O'er Me played...ok, I made that part up.

So here are my lyrics for this Guitar and Pen Friday. A song that my princess is singing to me. I hope you like it...yikes, now I have to write the music for this one too!!!
Hey Daddy

Hey Daddy
I know you can't be too busy for me
Because I know your world revolves around me

Hey Daddy
I think I want to be a singer
That's ok cuz you are wrapped around my little finger

You look nice in your business suit
But doesn't my new little pink skirt look cute?
I need all of your attention, I have so many things to mention
You have the time because you are mine, my Daddy!

Hey Daddy
Can you pretend to be a snake
And I'll crawl on your back then we'll eat some cake

Hey Daddy
What else do you want to do?
All I want is to play with you.

And when you kiss me goodnight
I will wish I may and wish I might
Grow up to be a princess, a singer, and a star
And you'll make it happen because you already are

Hey Daddy
I know you love to play guitar
Why didn't you become a star?
But I'm glad you didn't make it
Because I may never have made it

And here you are, now I'm the star
That shines in your heart!

Copyright© 2006 Stradasphere Music

11 Comments:

At 6/30/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shocking pink guitar...why not, right?

Have a good weekend!

Sully

 
At 6/30/2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Exactly! Everything is pink in her world !
Have a good weekend too...check out some of the webcasts if you get a chance!

 
At 6/30/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comment on the lyrics? Hmm. That's a tough one. I've been so busy writing, editing and creating, I don't do much critiquing.

Sometimes the music groove is so infectious, I don't even care (or understand) what the lyrics are. And vice versa. My only advice is get it out there for people to hear -- let the masses come back to you with suggestions. I'd also write differently and avoid writing in the same style if at all possible.

Sully

 
At 6/30/2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Sully. Yes I need to get back out there and play more. It has been around 10 years since I played any original material publicly. Posting my lyrics is my first step back...I mean forward!

 
At 6/30/2006, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Yes, we want to hear music!

Have a great weekend!

-AM

 
At 6/30/2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, AM I have to write it...I actually brought home some equipment to record the drums...all the Who bloggers are an inspiration...plus it was my bright idea to post my songs!!!!!!!

Long Live Rock!

 
At 7/02/2006, Blogger PTfan said...

My goodness. That is precious!

 
At 7/02/2006, Blogger who4ever said...

In italian we say " LUNGA VITA AL ROCK" and I want to add "Rock will never die", "IL ROCK NON MORIRA' MAI".
Will you go to see the Who too?

Tecla.

 
At 7/02/2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks PT Fan!!! I had a very precious subject to write about!

Gracias Tecla!LUNGA VITA AL ROCK

 
At 7/06/2006, Blogger L'Austin Translation said...

That picture is adorable!

 
At 7/13/2006, Blogger Nabonidus said...

OMG, this is great! I bet you are so proud, I would be! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home