7.7.06

Guitar and Pen Friday 3


I thought I would post lyrics from my favorite song writer this week. I may put up one of my songs later today as well! Long Live Rock!

ENDLESS WIRE

We found this pile of paper
Written by that ether man
He hatched a mad old caper
He had a mad old plan

He'd turn us into music
He'd show us to our portals
He gathered wire and angels
To entertain immortals

Out on the endless wire

THIS IS FROM PETE'S SITE

This coming Monday (July 10th) sees the release of the much-anticipated Wire & Glass: Six Songs From A Mini-Opera EP. This is The Who's first single for 24 years and the songs that comprise the Mini-Opera's sections are Pete's first written for the band since Real Good Looking Boy and Old Red Wine featured on the Then and Now compilation.

Wire & Glass reflects Pete's ongoing fascination with technology (and the internet/grid in particular) and, for anyone who missed it initially, it's well worth checking out his novella The Boy Who Heard Music, which can still be read in it's entirety HERE as many of the themes from Wire & Glass are extrapolated in the novella.

Pete previously dedicated the track Endless Wire to internet 'guru' Vint Cerf whose vision and application helped give us the infrastructure and protocols that we take so much for granted these days whenever we surf, blog or download.

5 Comments:

At 7/07/2006, Blogger Metalchick said...

Is that the cover!? That looks so cool! Pete and Roger both look great! I can't wait till this album comes out!

 
At 7/07/2006, Blogger Meg said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for the good thoughts. Much appreicated!

 
At 7/07/2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Metalchick, I got the pic off Pete's site. It is the cover of the EP. They look better than the Stones do, that's for sure!!!!

Hi Meg, thanks for stopping by here too! Keep your faith and fight like hell!

 
At 7/07/2006, Blogger Metalchick said...

I agree with that! Especially Roger, RAWR!

 
At 7/08/2006, Blogger PTfan said...

We don't have long to wait now!

E-mail me, ok? My e-mail address is on my profile.
Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home